Stan Connect 2021 - Biology, Medicine, Bioinformatics
This StanConnect event will take place on October 19, 2021, at 10AM EST.
Tentative schedule (times in ET) of each event:
- 10am - 10:15am: Introduction to the Event by SGB representative, Introduction to theme by Session Chair.
- 10:15am - 11:15am: three 20-minute talks - 15 minute presentation + 5 minute Q&A.
- 11:15am - 11:20am: 5 minute break.
- 11:20am - 12:20pm: three 20-minute talks - 15 minute presentation + 5 minute Q&A.
- 12:20am - 12:30pm: 10-minute comment from invited panelist.
- 12:30pm - 1:00pm: Zoom Networking/Social session.
|Speaker Name||Position/title/occupation||Affiliation||Tentative Talk Title|
|Mitzi Morris||Researcher||Columbia University||Coding the BYM2 model for disconnected graphs in Stan or how I stopped worrying and learned to love PC priors|
|Ethan Alt||PhD student||North Carolina University (Chapel Hill)||Normalized power prior models in Stan|
|Martin Modrák||Researcher||Czech Academy of Sciences||Using Hidden Markov Models as a complement/alternative to survival models|
|Teddy Groves||Postdoctoral researcher||Technical University of Denmark||Summarising enzyme information from online databases using Stan and Arviz|
|Nicholas Cowie||PhD student||Technical University of Denmark||Automated kinetic modelling in Stan and its application to the methionine cycle|
Session Chair: Luiz Max Carvalho, PhD - Getúlio Vargas Foundation