StanCon 2019 is open for registration. Two days of tutorials followed by two days of talks, open discussions, and statistical modeling.
- Tutorials: August 20-21, 2019
- Conference: August 22-23, 2019
- Conference Dinner: August 22, 2019
Tutorials: King’s College and Caius College.
Conference: West Road Concert Hall University of Cambridge 11 West Road, Cambridge CB3 9DP UK
Submission form here. All deadlines are midnight anywhere on the planet:
- Tutorial proposals from 1.5 hrs to 12 hrs are solicited. Deadline April 10.
- 15 minute presentation submissions for the conference are due by April 30, 2019. We are only requiring abstracts with the option of presentations without notebooks.
- Posters are due by August 15.
- Introduction to Stan for the Statistically Literate. Full two days of instruction using R as the interface language. Instructor Jonah Sol Gabry.
- Hierarchal Modeling with Stan. 1 day. Instructor Ben Goodrich.
- Population and ODE-based models using Stan and Torsten. 1 day or 1/2 day depending on demand. This workshop focuses on examples from pharmacometrics, so familiarity in the subject is helpful. In addition, we will use Torsten, a specialized extension of Stan, which participants should install. That said, the methods discussed apply to other fields: e.g. epidemiology, geology, econometrics, so the core concepts are general. I will review basic notions of pharmacometrics, so that participants from all field can do the exercises. PDF of proposal here. Charles Margossian, Yi Zhang.
More tutorials will be announced as they come in.
Please make your request here by the May 1, 2019 deadline.
We have bronze, silver, gold and platinum level sponsorships. Funds will go to scholarships and supporting Stan. The registration payment page has details or contact stanConCambridge@mc-stan.org for other arrangements.
Registration is here Pricing for the conference is £100 for Students, £275 for Junior Academics/Startups and £350 for Senior Academics/Industry. Pricing for the tutorials are £100 for Students, £275 for Junior Academics/Startups and £350 for Senior Academics/Industry. Prices go up 50% May 15, 2019.
We have several options:
Kings College Housing. Reference code is STANCONAUG2019. At £120 (single occupancy) and £180 (double occupancy) per night. Includes breakfast and is the venue closest to tutorials/conference. More information here.
Hilton Cambridge City Centre (4-star hotel) 20 Downing St, Cambridge CB2 3DT, 01223 464491. A 5 min walk to King’s College 16 min walk to West Road Concert Hall.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel (4-star hotel) Granta Place, Mill Ln, Cambridge CB2 1RT, 01223 259988. A 5 min walk to King’s College 11 min walk to West Road Concert Hall
Regent Hotel (3-star hotel) 41 Regent St, Cambridge CB2 1AB, 01223 351470. A 10 min walk to King’s College 21 min walk to West Road Concert Hall
The Royal Cambridge Hotel (3-star hotel) Trumpington St, Cambridge CB2 1PY, 01223 351631. A 9 min walk to King’s College 18 min walk to West Road Concert Hall
The Lensfield Hotel (3-star hotel) 53 Lensfield Rd, Cambridge CB2 1EN, 01223 355017. A 10 min walk to King’s College 19 min walk to West Road Concert Hall
Ibis Cambridge Central Station (3-star hotel) 2 Station Square, Cambridge, CB12GA, 01223 320960. A 25 min walk to King’s College (about 8 min by taxi) 35 min walk to West Road Concert Hall (about 9 min by taxi)
YHA Cambridge (hostel) 97 Tenison Road, CB1 2DN, 03453 719728. A 25 min walk to King’s College (about 8 min by taxi), 35 min walk to West Road Concert Hall (about 9 min by taxi)