StanConnect 2021 - Ecology, models for biological survey data
This StanConnect event will take place on September 30, 2021, at 12PM EDT.
Tentative schedule (times in EDT):
- 12pm - 12:15pm: Introduction to the Event by SGB representative, Introduction to theme by Session Chair
- 12:15 - 1:35pm: four 20-minute talks - 15 minute presentation + 5 minute Q&A.
- 1:35 – 1:45 pm: Break (or catchup if we fall behind schedule)
- 1:45pm - 2:15pm: Panel discussion with 3 speakers (all except JBS) + 2 panelists. Moderator will not be the session chair. Panelists will be introduced by the moderator for ~1 minute - each will give a 7 minute comment on the 3 talks. 15 minute floor discussion with Panelists + speakers. Chat questions moderated by moderator.
- 2:15pm - 3:00pm: Zoom Networking/Social session, structure TBD but possibly not limited to one room per speaker.
|Speaker Name||Position/title/occupation||Affiliation||Tentative Talk Title|
|Ara Winter||Data Manager||University of New Mexico, Department of Biology, Bosque Ecosystem Monitoring Program||Using Stan to build better community.|
|Harold Eyster||PhD candidate||University of British Columbia||Using Stan to diagnose and fit high-dimensional multispecies abundance models|
|Jacob Socolar||Postdoctoral fellow||Cornell Lab of Ornithology||250000 parameters: the story of an occupancy model for Colombia’s birdlife in Stan|
|Maxwell Joseph||Data scientist||Earth Lab—University of Colorado, Boulder||MLOps in a Bayesian workflow: tracking experiments with MLFlow.|
Vianey Leos Barajas: Assistant Professor, University of Toronto, Department of Statistical Sciences
Session Chair: Jacob B. Socolar - Cornell Lab of Ornithology