sustainable reproducible research
Stan is a member project of NumFOCUS, a U.S. 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that serves open-source software projects.
All financial decisions related to NumFOCUS are made by Stan’s Leadership Body for NumFOCUS:
- Julie Bertrand (INSERM)
- Michael Betancourt (Columbia University)
- Tamara Broderick (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Bob Carpenter (Columbia University)
- Andrew Gelman (Columbia University)
- Dan Simpson (University of Bath)
- Elizabeth Wolkovich (Harvard University)
The mission of NumFOCUS is to promote sustainable high-level programming languages, open code development, and reproducible scientific research. We accomplish this mission through our educational programs and events as well as through fiscal sponsorship of open source data science projects. We aim to increase collaboration and communication within the scientific computing community.
quoted from the NumFOCUS home page